Thursday, September 15, 2011

A day to relax and a ride to Mabou and Antigonish...goodbye Cabot Trail


Day 31

With the weather being as crappy as promised I took advantage to down size and edit pictures, get caught up on some writing and emails. It was a quiet and peaceful day with Angela and Patrick scarcely around. I revelled in taking some time to myself to just sit on the deck and admire the birds and the tranquility.  Motorcycle Retreat…no better description for this place!
A peaceful and serene place
A peaceful and serene place

I had some camembert and crackers I had purchased the day before for my supper…after the lobster feed of the night before I was scarcely hungry and I took my tired but happy and contented bones off to bed.

Day 32

The morning started of very over cast, foggy and gloomy but you could see the skies were attempting to clear. Angela and Patrick filmed a motorcycle awareness video with me, I finished packing up my gear and stowing it on the bike just as we heard Daniel Ross’s bike begin the ascent up the driveway.  After two years of conversing by email I was to finally meet the man behind Cabot Trail Biker and the fabulous Tee Shirt!
After Daniel had a tour of Patrick and Angela’s Retreat, we bid farewell, shared hugs and off we went.

I really had a hard time leaving the Middle River’s Cabot Trail Motorcycle Retreat. This is one special place, run by very special people. Please check out their web site and if you are thinking a trip to ride the Cabot Trail is in your future, may I recommend that you try this place for your accommodations at least one night…book well in advance because this place has become very popular and has a lot of repeat guests!

Middle River's Cabot Trail Motorcycle Retreat
Phone: (902) 295 1087
Email: info@ctmcretreat.com
Web Site: http://www.ctmcretreat.com

Patrick had suggested that Daniel and I take the back highway to Mabou, the home of the Rankins and so we did, what a wonderful twisty little road, this whole place is so darned pretty.
Red Shoe in Mabou
Red Shoe in Mabou
Red Shoe Pub for tea
Red Shoe Pub for tea
We stopped at the Red Shoe Pub for tea, this pub is owned by members of the Rankin Family and is filled with all sorts of memorabilia.  Daniel gifted me with a Red Shoe Tee Shirt and pretty soon we were heading outside. We ran into two riders who had just come off the trail and were heading to Daniel’s store in Antigonish to pick up their Cabot Trail Tee Shirts. We had a great conversation about the shirts, the riding and the scenery and then parted ways leaving them to their lunch and us heading to Daniel’s store. My Schedule was tight on this day and due to the heavy fog that delayed our departure we were running about 2 hours behind – I was supposed to be seeing the kids from the Bike Klub in Moncton.
The Dark Sky
The Dark Sky
We pulled in to Daniel’s shop and he took me on the grand tour. I met his gal Betty, she is the admin for Ross Screenprint and I was introduced to so many other really nice and friendly employees and I kick myself that I can not remember all of their names.  After the grand tour of his business and us going back outside to film his motorcycle awareness PSA and I had Ali call Marc Mazerolle to let him know I was leaving. After Daniel and I were done filming, Ali called me back to say that Marc had to cancel because it was getting too late in the day and between summer jobs and weddings, the kids couldn’t wait that late in the day.  While I was sad that I would not get to see the kids this trip, I was grateful not to have to push myself and to drink in the last of the Cape Breton region before heading back in to Moncton. 
Embroidery machines hard at work
Embroidery machines hard at work


With some new found time one my hands, I decided to stay and have lunch with Daniel, his wife was gracious enough to share their anniversary with me by letting Daniel show me around. We stopped in at a great little restaurant and had a bite to eat and Daniel got a call from his wife about his son’s hockey game time…so like any good bike trip, plans change, kid’s come first and off went to stop in at Alex’s hockey game where I met Daniel’s wife Shauna. 




At the Hockey Rink
At the Hockey Rink

But not before Daniel and I could discuss some business and he has agreed to start producing the Belt Drive Betty line of clothing here in Canada.  I am extremely happy about this alliance for as with Alanna from ArtaTude out of Hinton AB, where I get all of my hand out promotional materials, I am now hooked up with another biker in business to get my clothes made!

If you are looking for great Tee Shirts, hats, hoodies etc, why not give Daniel and his team a try!



Soon Daniel and I would part company
Soon Daniel and I would part company
Ross Screenprint Ltd. 4053 South River Rd. Antigonish, NS B2G 2H6
(800)905-3388 Sans Frais
(902)863-4630 Phone
(902)863-6448 Fax

www.rossscreenprint.com

After a bit, we headed out on the bikes to where Daniel and I would part company and I would continue on to Moncton…




No comments:

Post a Comment